What is Terrain Navigator?
Terrain Navigator software gives you a regional collection of topographic maps that you can
browse, customize and print with your Windows computer. The sofware allows you to view a complete, seamless topographic
map collection covering your entire state. The maps in Terrain Navigator are high quality scans of the US Geological Survey 1:100,000 and 1:24,000 map series.
System Requirements: Windows operating system, DVD-ROM drive. Internet connection required to install
the software, access aerial photos and updated topographic maps. When you install Terrain Navigator Pro software the most recent version will be downloaded to your computer.
- View and print scenes from USGS 1:24,000 and 1:100,000 topo maps
- Seamless or quad sheet viewing and printing on standard printers
- View as flat 2D maps, 3D landscapes and topographic profiles
- Tools for latitude/longitude, distance, area, datums and more
- Customize your maps with symbols, text, photos
- Plan routes on your computer and upload to your GPS
- Mark GPS waypoints and tracks in the field and download to your computer for display
- Search for locations by coordinates, place name, quad name and more
- View aerial photos in the map window via the internet
- Street address look up and navigation
- Advanced drawing, symbol sets and map annotation tools
- GeoPins attach photos, documents and spreadsheets to map locations
- Export maps and air photos to popular GIS and CAD software
- Print large maps on large-format plotters
- NGS benchmark and up-to-date recovery sheets
Topo Maps: A full set of topographic maps for the region/state that you purchased will be on the DVD that accompanies the software. You have full access to view these any time that you use the software.
Aerial Photos: For the first year you will have full access to aerial photos that are delivered to your computer via the internet.
They will appear automatically as you browse and be saved on your hard drive. At the end of one year you can continue
viewing the photos that are already saved on your computer, but to access aerial photos of new areas or updated aerial photos you will need to pay a subscription fee of $99 per year (the photos in the online photo collection are refreshed at an average rate of about once every two years). If you don't plan to subscribe you should view the aerial photos of your interest areas within one year of installation so that they will be saved to your computer.